WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Grace - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Grace > Topics

Subject: Sabbatical Fast
Replies: 2 Views: 2061

faithfil 29.07.10 - 01:47am
If you turn away your foot from [traveling unduly on] the Sabbath from doing your own pleasure on My holy day, and call the Sabbath a [Spiritual] delight, the holy day of the Lord honourable, and honour Him and it, not going your own way or seeking or finding your own pleasure or speaking with your own [idle] words. Then will you delight yourself in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the high places of the earth, and I will feed you with the heritage [promised for you] of Jacob your father; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it. Isaiah58:13-14. First of all, let me clarify the Sabbath day issue as it pertains to New Testament Christianity. The word 'sabbath day' literaly means a day of rest. God said the Israelites should work for 6 days, but on the 7th day they should rest. So in the Old Testament, the people PHYSICALLY rested on the 7th day (Sa ay) and ate yesterdays' (Fridays') food. The problem was that they souls were full of bitterness and restlessness. So Jesus came and said, Come unto me...and learn of me...and ye shall find rest unto your souls. Matthew11:28-29. You see, by recieving Jesus, you have entered a spirtual sabbath day that covers all the days of your life. Twenty-four seven, 365/6 days a year!! Faith is the ingredient to enter and stay in that rest. Unbelief disconnects you from that rest. So we see that they could not enter in becouse of unbelief. For we which have believed do enter into rest,... Hebrews3:19; 4:3. One man esteems one day as better than another (eg Sa ay as opposed to Sunday), while another man esteems all days alike [sacred]. Let everyone be fully convinced (satisfied) in his own mind. He who observes a day, observes it in honour of the Lord... Romans14:5-6. If you say a day is sacred, then that is between you and God. Dont drag other people to join you. If Sa ay is sacred, then it is sacred to you and to other people which also believe it to be. Therefore let no one sit in judgment on you... *

faithfil 29.07.10 - 01:51am
Therefore let no one sit in judgment on you in matters of food and drink, or with regard to feast days or a New Moon or a Sabbath. Such [things] are only a shadow of things that are to come, and they have only a symbolic value. But the reality (the substance, the solid fact of what is foreshadowed, the body of it) belongs to Christ. Colossians2:16-17. Now that we have clarified the issue of the Sabbath day, we can begin to explain a Sabbatical fast. A sabbatical fast is a fast where you take time off from *

faithfil 29.07.10 - 01:54am
Deuteronomy32:7-15 is the heritage of Jacob. 1. You will be kept as the apple of Gods eye (verse10). Angels will minister to you continuously (verse11-on His wings). The Lord ALONE will lead you, there will be no deception (verse12). God will prosper you!! Verses13- *

* Grace Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Grace

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search