WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Grace - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Grace > Topics

Subject: Humility!!
Replies: 8 Views: 662

faithfil 25.05.10 - 10:02am
God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. 1Peter5:5. What does it really mean to be humble? If we're not careful we might adopt the worlds definition of that word. To understand what it means we must first know what is grace. First Peter says God will give it to the humble person. Grace is Gods unmerited and undeserved favour! There are different types of graces that God offers. There is grace of salvation, grace of health, grace of prosperity, grace of success. There is grace of being a father *

faithfil 25.05.10 - 10:11am
There is grace to raise children, grace for mowing the lawn, grace for being a good husband or wife. There is grace for being in politics Gods way. Yes!! There is grace for everything under the sun. Doing something without the grace brings frustration. Being a parent without the grace of God leads to nervous breakdown, living the christian life without the grace leads to backsliding, handling finances without the grace leads to indebtedness, insolvency and bankrupcy. How then do you access the grace of God? *

faithfil 25.05.10 - 10:20am
By being humble!! Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may lift you up in due time. 1Peter5:6. What is the mighty hand of God? GODS WORD!! You are to humble yourself under Gods word!! Let me give you a practical example: lets say you need healing; you must therefore humble yourself under the Word which says 'by whose(Jesus's) stripes ye were healed' 1Peter2:24. That scipture says you WERE healed. So you MUST agree with God and say I am healthy and well everytime someone asks.. *

faithfil 25.05.10 - 10:30am
Well, someone will say, 'No, I cant say Im well when I feel pain and sickness in my body!!' If he said that, then he is operating in pride. God resists the proud! If he says 'Im healed even though the pain is still there, then he is operating in humility. God gives grace (and in this particular case--Health) to the humble! When you say I am poor, you are actualy operating in pride and have not humbled yourself under the Word which says, You know the GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ, that although He was RICH *

faithfil 25.05.10 - 10:39am
...Yet for your sakes became poor so that YOU by His poverty might become RICH 2Corinth8:9. Cast all your anxiety on Him becouse He cares for you. 1Peter5:7. After you have agreed with God and humbled yourself, the bible says He will lift you up above the sickness, pain, poverty, etc you were experiencing in due time. *

faithfil 25.05.10 - 12:18pm
During the time you are waiting for due time, the devil will attack you with questions that will couse you anxieties, concerns, sleeplessnesses, etc. If for an example, you humbled yourself and said you are rich becouse the Word said so [you are not rich becouse you have money but money comes becouse youre rich, you are not rich becouse you have possessions, but possessions come becouse youre rich. Rich is who you are...your IDENTITY], the devil will say to you, 'No, dont say it, what are people going to... *

faithfil 25.05.10 - 12:29pm
What are people going to think of you? You dont even have taxi fare!! You dont even have food! You dont even have clothes and a decent place to stay! How can you say you are RICH?!! You will be the laughing stock of your neighbourhood!! Cast all those cares upon Him for He cares for you!! Those are NOT your concerns but His!! Be sober be vigilant, becouse your adversary, the devil, walks about AS a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. 1Peter5:8. After you have cast your cares upon Him(Jesus), you... *

faithfil 25.05.10 - 12:41pm
You have to be sober and vigilant becouse the devil will bring back those cares and before you know it, you will be harbouring those same fears. So be sober!! The bible says a person may think he is in faith, but if he does not know how to control his tongue, his faith is cancelled! You cannot say you are RICH and then next week when you feel down and out someone asks you how youre doing, you say 'broke'. Guard your mouth!! Guard your action!! Be the same!! Keep saying it!! Keep being the very best you can! *

didychoc 26.05.10 - 12:10am
Wow,now iv come 2 hv a revelation of wat humility iz.....praise the lord *

* Grace Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Grace

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search